Kenwood DNX-6180

Mensagem
Autor
ACarmona

Kenwood DNX-6180

#1 Mensagem por ACarmona »

Pessoal,

Comprei esta central (Kenwood DNX-6180) nos EUA. Porem não atentei ao fato de não ter entrada de cartão SD ou micro SD.
E possível colocar o mapa do Brasil nele?

Obrigado

Rafa-ABC

Re: Kenwood DNX-6180

#2 Mensagem por Rafa-ABC »

Infelizmente não tem como MESMO.

Hugo Perez

#3 Mensagem por Hugo Perez »

Na verdade os modelos DNX5180 e DNX6180 podem ter os mapas atualizados sim, porém o procedimento envolve desmontar a unidade e retirar o cartão microsd interno.

Através de um computador é possível copiar novos mapas para esse cartão. Não esqueça de fazer backup do conteúdo original do aparelho.

Dê uma olhada em http://kenwoodforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2118

Hugo

ACarmona

#4 Mensagem por ACarmona »

Achei um tutorial fera!!
Copiado de um gringo.

So I eventually got new voices & vehicles on the DNX6980, however I am really not sure if it was worth all of the effort which it entailed. It involved opening the unit and replacing the SD card with another one, along with using GParted, Linux Reader and MiniTool Partition Wizard, so it is up to you to decide if you want to attempt this (and probably lose any warranty you may have on the unit, which I did not have to begin with).

1. Buy a new microSD card. The one in the unit is a 4GB SanDisk Class 4 so it should be something equal or better to this in class and capacity. I used an 8GB Class 10 card hoping that the higher class would have helped to speed up the unit a bit and reduce the lag but so far I have not seen a significant increase in navigation speed.

2. You need to format this new card with two Primary FAT32 Partitions (the unit will be able to recognize both of these in the end). The first one need not be very big, use the majority of the space for the second partition. Windows cannot format multiple partitions on SD cards, you will need to use a special partitioning software like GParted (this is what I used, you should be able to find an FAQ on how to use it elsewhere. I used it to format SD cards for my Android phone before). I formatted the first partition with 1GB and the rest of the space I used for the second partition.

3. Now you need to open up the unit (sigh). You just need a medium sized Philips screwdriver for this. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, I take no liability for any consequences that may result from this:
1. Take the unit out of your dash and disconnect all cables.
2. Remove one screw on top of the unit and unclip & lift off the top cover.
3. Remove four screws holding the DVD drive down. Do not attempt to move the drive as yet.
4. There are two screws on the right side of the unit, near the front. They need to be removed too, else the face will not be able to come off. They are slightly smaller than the rest of the screws.
5. Un-clip and remove the face of the unit CAREFULLY. There is a strip connecting it to the motherboard so you must be careful.
6. Behind the face there will be two more screws that need removing for the DVD drive. After this, you can CAREFULLY lift up the DVD drive and rest it at the side. It is also connected to the motherboard by a strip.
7. Finally there will be a metal plate under where the DVD drive was. Remove two screws and take it off to finally get to the SD card. A small clip unlocks and locks it in place.

4. Now that you have the SD card, you need to grab the files off of it and copy them to your PC. The first set of files should be readable right away in windows on a small partition (a garmin folder containing 4 small files). The second set of files are on a hidden exFat partition. To access these, you need to download Disk Internals Linux Reader. You will not be able to write to the SD card with this (this is why I could not use the original card) but you will be able to save the files to your PC. There is a Garmin folder and a Garmine EXE file which you need to save to the PC.

5. Copy the first smaller set of files to the smaller partition on your new SD card and the larger set of files with the EXE to your larger partition. Windows can only see one partition at a time, to switch between the two I had to use an application called MiniTool Partition Wizard and set each one as active one at a time.

6. Now you can add any additional vehicles or voices to the new card in the VEHICLE and VOICE folders. You can also try replacing the maps if you like, but I did not attempt this so I am not sure what the results would be. When I was finished I set the small partition as Active with MiniTool, but I do not know if this is definitely required. Try to get all the files you want before continuing as we will be putting this SD card back into the unit and you will have to dismantle it again if you want to add anything else.

7. Put the new SD card inside your unit and put it back together in the reverse order you took it apart in, reconnect all cables.

8. Turn on the unit and make sure everything is working.

Once again, as you can see this is a very involved process so it is up to you to decide if you wish to attempt this.

Download Gparted: http://gparted.sourceforge.net/download.php

Download Linux Reader: http://www.diskinternals.com/linux-reader/

Download MiniTool Partition Wizard: http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-par ... nager.html

Vou testar esse fds e depois posto o resultado da empreitada.

ACarmona

#5 Mensagem por ACarmona »

Pesoal,

Hj finalmente "operei" o 6180.
Coloquei o mapa do Tracksource e funcionou tudo.
Olha a foto dele aberto.

betoyoichi

#6 Mensagem por betoyoichi »

Ôpa! Deu certo mesmo? Onde está a foto?

ACarmona

#7 Mensagem por ACarmona »

Rapaz, tentei anexar mas deu erro 2 vezes
Não foi possível carregar o arquivo para ./files/730728_0846c1a09e5e0b9f8a3ad459f8ca351b
:)
mas garanto que funcionou.
qquer coisa posso te enviar via email...

abs

Ctv

#8 Mensagem por Ctv »

Carmona pode me ajudar ? To com o mesmo problema mas nao entendi como voce pegou o mapa garmin do brasil

asolis

#9 Mensagem por asolis »

Alguém já fez este procedimento no DNX-6190HD???

tiagovn1

#10 Mensagem por tiagovn1 »

Também tenho um DNX-6190HD mas não consegui instalar o mapa do Brasil pelo pendrive. Alguem sabe como?

asolis

#11 Mensagem por asolis »

consegui colocar o mapa do Brasil no DNX6190HD, segui o tutorial do 5180/6180 e funcionou, desmontar o DNX é fácil, o difícil pra mim foi particionar o cartão novo, usei um de 8G class 4 , mas tem um video no youtube " 8 minute linux" que ajudou bastante.
Abraço

joaoreis@twin.com.br

#12 Mensagem por joaoreis@twin.com.br »

operei o kenwood dnx-6180 seguindo o tutorial do Acarmona deu tudo perfeito com relacao ao mapa porem nao consegui fazer funcionar os radares "poi" , Acarmona podes me dar uma luz do que provavelmente fiz de errado ? conseguistes funcionar os radares? abs joao

Olodumrj

#13 Mensagem por Olodumrj »

Galera comprei o DNX6190HD nos EUA e ja estou com o micro sd original da garmin com o mapa do Brasil que acabei comprando. Se eu abrir o aparelho e copiar os arquivos para dentro do micro sd da central irá funcionar ?

Quem já está fera nesse procedimento de atualização poderia colocar o passo a passo para o restante da galera e compartilhar fotos ??

ABS !!

Olodumrj

#14 Mensagem por Olodumrj »

ACarmona, parabéns pelo tutorial, atualizei hoje meu DNX6190HD seguindo o passo a passo e deu tudo certo. Tirei fotos e farei um guia depois para compartilhar com a galera. Ressalto apenas que para partcionar o micro SD é necessário apenas o mini tools partition wizard.

Abs a todos !!

Responder Exibir tópico anteriorExibir próximo tópico

Voltar para “Kenwood”